How to raise chicks?
Chick refers to the chick just out of the shell, chick social strong, metabolism, rapid growth.However, poor body temperature regulation ability, weak digestion ability, timid easily frightened, poor disease resistance, so chicks are more difficult to feed and manage than other growth stages of chickens.
(1) It is better to feed chicks for the first time within 24 to 36 hours after hatching. The feed should be fresh, with moderate particle size, easy to be pecked by chicks, rich in nutrition and easy to digest. The commonly used feeding method is: 1 ~ 2 days of age feeding powder corn, broken rice or broken grain, 2 ~ 3 days of age gradually increase the mixture. Open food good first with boiling water soft, water absorption and expansion of food before feeding.
(2) Initial drinking water the chicks’ initial drinking water can be carried out either before or at the same time as feeding. Early should drink warm water, and in drinking water, add 1% ~ 2% sugar, in order to enhance the resistance of chicks. Drinking water shall not be interrupted. Early drinking water can accelerate the absorption and utilization of yolk material by the body, contributing to the chicken’s appetite and digestion and absorption.
(3) The diet with the chick’s diet, fresh, comprehensive nutrition, evenly mixed. In the diet of 1 month old, the crude protein content should be about 20% (meat chicks are slightly higher), metabolizable energy 11715 kilojoules/kg, crude fat 1%, crude fiber should be less than 5%.
(4) Feeding methods There are two feeding methods of chicks: restricted feeding and free feeding. The former can effectively control the growth and development of chicks, which makes them have higher breeding value and production performance. The latter is more practical for meat chicks and can promote the growth and economic weight gain of chickens.
(5) Feeding times generally adopt free feeding in the early stage of raising chicks, so that chicks can quickly get familiar with feeding and drinking water. Pay attention to feed less frequently add, prevent hunger. Feed 2 ~ 3 times a day, then 5 ~ 6 times a day (including 1 time at night), feed 5 times a day for 10 ~ 35 days, gradually transition to 4 times after 6 weeks of age. Broiler chicks are fed freely day and night.
(6) Timely classification with the growth of chicken age, feeding density should be adjusted appropriately. In addition to considering the density of the planar flock, note the size of the flock. Generally within 7 days of age, 300 to 500 per flock is appropriate. If there are conditions, it can be merged into a group of 1000. Best according to breed, strain, sex, strong and weak group, different days of age of chicks should not be mixed group feeding.
(7) Disease prevention and control brood house should be strictly separated from hatchery and adult chicken house, and keep a certain distance. Do a good job in the chicken house and environmental health work, according to the provisions of timely vaccination of all kinds of vaccines, strict disinfection system. Pick out sick, dead chickens in time, and make proper handling. General chicken farm (shed) should decline to visit, in case disease spreads.
Chicks feeding and management
In order to improve the level of chick raising, the breeder should strengthen the understanding of chick raising and management, which mainly includes the following aspects.
(1) Before chicks are raised, breeding personnel should pay attention to the disinfection treatment of breeding chicken houses, such as the use of formalin, bacide and other disinfection reagents for disinfection, and ensure the temperature and humidity of breeding chicken houses. In addition to the measures of feeding density, temperature, humidity, ventilation, light, drinking water and other feeding management methods, it is necessary to grasp the immunization time and key points of immunization operation.
(2) Breeders should pay attention to the optimization of the raising level of chicks. For the chicks of the first 7 days, breeders should use cold boiled water and add a certain amount of multidimensional. And in the early stage of feeding, according to the characteristics of the digestive function of chicks is not sound, special pellet feed should be selected for feeding chicks, using a small number of feeding program, divided into 5 or 6 times a day feeding. For weaker chicks, breeding personnel should also be fed separately, in the middle of the night to add appropriate feeding.
(3) In the stage of chick raising, the breeder should also control the temperature of chick raising reasonably. For example, in the early stage of brood rearing, breeding personnel should adopt higher problems, especially some weak brood rearing systems. Later, when the primary feeding develops to the stage of small group feeding, the temperature at this stage should be higher than that at the stage of large group feeding. At the same time, in the night should ensure that the temperature is higher than the day, the cloudy day is higher than the sunny day, only under such conditions to ensure the distribution of chicks evenly. When the temperature is too cold, the chicks will squeeze and scream each other. When the temperature is too high, the water intake of the chicks will increase significantly.
(4) Breeding personnel should also ensure the humidity of brood as much as possible. Low humidity in the breeding house will lead to excessive evaporation of water in the body of chicks, and there will be dust flying in the breeding house, which is easy to cause the emergence of respiratory diseases in chicks. And when the humidity is too high, it will cause the overpropagation of microorganisms in the breeding house, which will adversely affect the growth health and growth rate of chicks. Normally, the breeder should keep the humidity in the barn at 65 to 70%.
If you do not understand chicken breeding, you can contact me as soon as possible ~